To view all open positions, complete job descriptions, and to apply online visit:
This position may be filled at a level 1, 2 or 3, depending upon experience.
Job Title: Compliance Assistant 1
Department: Compliance - Main Office in Ukiah
Reports To: Compliance Officer
Salary Grade/Salary Range: 6 ($13.68/hr - $21.84/hr)
Equal Employment Opportunity
Savings Bank of Mendocino County is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selections are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. Savings Bank of Mendocino County will consider all qualified applicants for employment and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, disability, or any other status protected by law.
This individual assists the Compliance Officer in all duties relating to developing and implementing a comprehensive compliance program, developing and monitoring compliance policies and procedures, conducting compliance monitoring and reviews to ensure current procedures meet regulatory requirements, and implementing changes to policy and procedure in a timely manner.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Regular and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Maintain a good understanding of the Banks operations, policies and procedures.
- Research federal and state banking laws.
- Conduct monitoring and reviews as scheduled by the Compliance Officer.
- Stay current on changes in law and regulation.
- Help plan, develop, and implement necessary change.
- Attend outside seminars, workshops, classes on various compliance and regulatory issues.
- Display good organizational skills and have the ability to work on several projects at one time.
- Possess excellent reading and comprehension skills.
- Demonstrate good oral and written communication skills.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required.
- Two to three years banking experience required.
Minimum Typing Speed Required
40 wpm or higher.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, procedure manuals, policies and memorandums.
- Ability to write routine correspondence and communicate effectively and tactfully, orally and in writing with employees, customers, vendors and management.
- Must possess the ability to speak clearly so others can understand.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar.
- Bilingual skills desirable.