Important: This full-time position requires regularly traveling between the Hopland, Redwood Valley, South Ukiah, and Ukiah Main branches. Rovers are assigned by Branch Administration to cover absences at the above branches, as needed. Successful candidates must have reliable personal transportation and be willing and able to function as a rover. Mileage is reimbursed when traveling is necessary. Roving CSRs will be placed into a branch CSR position in one of the branches listed above if and when a position becomes vacant.
Job Title: Customer Service Representative 1
Department: Branch Assigned
Reports To: Branch Manager/Operations Officer
Salary Grade/Salary Range: 2 ($12.50/hr - $14.27/hr)
Revision Date: 3/2017
Equal Employment Opportunity
Savings Bank of Mendocino County is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selections are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. Savings Bank of Mendocino County will consider all qualified applicants for employment and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, disability, or any other status protected by law.
Perform transactional duties to serve customers including receiving or paying out funds with high accuracy. Maintain accurate transactional records. Provide cash receipt and payment services in accordance with Bank policies and procedures. Present and explain basic Bank products and services to customers. Communicate effectively with customers or prospective customers and represent the Bank in a positive and professional manner.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Regular and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Greet and welcome customers to the Bank in a courteous, professional and timely manner, providing prompt, accurate and efficient transactions within established Bank policies and procedures.
- Cash checks and pay out amounts after verifying that signatures are correct, that written and numerical amounts agree and that accounts have sufficient funds.
- Receive checks and cash for deposit after verifying amounts and checking accuracy of deposit slips.
- Examine checks for proper endorsements and to verify other information such as dates, bank names, proper identification and general legality of the documents.
- Enter customer transactions into the computer to record transactions and issue receipts, obtaining supervisor approval for all transactions over established limits.
- Accurately balance currency and coin in assigned cash drawer at the end of each shift. Maintain this accuracy within established CSR Performance Standards.
- Adhere to cash control, loss prevention and Bank audit requirements.
- Receive consumer, mortgage and other loan payments. Properly post these payments to the computer and issue a receipt.
- Sell negotiable instruments and cashier’s checks and log purchases according to Bank Secrecy Act procedures.
- Process additional transactions including General Ledger debits and credits, miscellaneous payments, stop payments, telephone transfers, account closures, and address changes.
- Prepare work for proof capture and operate Branch capture device.
- Process foreign items.
- Verify cash advances and negotiable instruments at the end of the business day.
- Service ATMs as applicable.
- Redeem Savings Bonds.
- Work at drive-up and lobby windows, as applicable.
- Prepare Currency Transaction Reports and Hold Notices with supervisory assistance.
- Serve as dual custodian to process night deposits.
- Must be able to travel to other branches, as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must pass a teller test to be considered for an interview.
- Flexibility with hours and days, as applicable to branch.
Education and/or Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required.
- One to three months experience in both customer service and cash handling preferred.
Minimum Typing Speed Required
25 wpm or higher keyboarding speed and familiarity with 10-key pad.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, procedure manuals, policies and memorandums.
- Ability to write routine correspondence and communicate effectively and tactfully, orally and in writing with employees, customers, vendors and management.
- Must possess the ability to speak clearly so others can understand.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar.
- Bilingual skills desirable.