To view all open positions, complete job descriptions and to apply online visit: https://www.savingsbank.com/careers.html
Job Title: Wire Transfer Clerk 1 (EBD Clerk 1)
Department: Electronic Banking - Main Office in Ukiah
Reports To: Electronic Banking Department Manager
Equal Employment Opportunity
Savings Bank of Mendocino County is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selections are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. Savings Bank of Mendocino County will consider all qualified applicants for employment and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, disability, or any other status protected by law.
Primary contact for customers and bank personnel regarding incoming and outgoing Wire Transfers processed over Fedline Advantage and Western Union. Process all customer and bank requests for wire transfers, securities, foreign currency wires, drafts and checks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Regular and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Assist customers and branch personnel with completing wire instructions.
- Send and receive U.S. dollar wire transfers and securities using Fedline Advantage, processes foreign currency wires, drafts and checks using Western Union.
- Debit/credit proper General Ledger and customer accounts as appropriate, using ACH to process the transactions whenever possible. Process all wires incoming and outgoing through the current OFAC software, balance incoming and outgoing wires daily.
- Maintain written authorization of all wire transfers and wire transfer agreements by resolution or signed orders.
- Assist in the other areas of the departments as needed or assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required.
- One to three years banking experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Good, working knowledge of microcomputer hardware and software, including PC/MS-DOS, Excel, WORD, database and spreadsheet software.
Minimum Typing Speed Required
No minimum required
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, procedure manuals, policies and memorandums.
- Ability to write routine correspondence and communicate effectively and tactfully, orally and in writing with employees, customers, vendors and management.
- Must possess the ability to speak clearly so others can understand.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar.
- Bilingual skills desirable.