Under general supervision to assist persons utilizing the Conference Center and Plaza; prepare conference rooms and perform light janitorial work; and related work as assigned.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
These examples are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The examples of work performed are neither restricted to nor all-encompassing of the duties to be performed under this job title. (E=Essential Duty; M=Major Portion of Time)
- Assists persons utilizing the Conference Center facility in a variety of ways, such as directing people to the correct conference room, setting up and breaking down conference rooms as required, cleaning up after events including kitchen clean up (loading and unloading dishwasher). (E ,M)
- Work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays. (E)
- Prepares meeting rooms and perform customer service activities. (E)
- Receives visitors and prospective customers as appropriate. (E, M)
- Assist in catering services, including minor food and beverage preparation and presentation, as well as clean up. (E, M)
- Provides basic information to clients about usage of the Conference Center/ Plaza, and other city facilities. (E)
- Dusts and cleans furniture and fixtures, washes windows, walls, doors, and other surfaces.
- Cleans and maintains restroom and supplies. (E)
- Sweeps sidewalks and removes debris from peripheral grounds and parking lots.
- Maintains floor areas, which includes sweeping, vacuuming, shampooing and mopping. (E)
- Operates light duty equipment and performs minor repairs and adjustments.
- Performs special custodial and maintenance work upon request. (E)
- Assists in the continuous security supervision of the Conference Center.
- Basic computer knowledge. (E)
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Safe working practices.
- Effective use of chemicals, cleaning solutions, and equipment used in custodial work.
- Customer relations and service skills.
- Effective time management methods.
- Perform all physical aspects of assigned duties, including stooping, lifting, reaching, climbing ladders, and moving furniture and equipment.
- Lift up to 50 pounds.
- Handle numerous activities at once, effectively and pleasantly.
- Work under pressure to meet established deadlines.
- Communicate well with a varied clientele and the general public.
- Work independently in the absence of supervision.
- Work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
Any combination of experience and education which provides the ability to perform required duties and responsibilities. Custodial/maintenance experience preferred.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
? Possession of a valid Class C California Driver License.