Job Title: Network Administrator
Department: Information Technology
Reports To: Chief Information Officer
Salary Grade/Salary Range: 12
Revision Date: 02/2017
Equal Employment Opportunity
Savings Bank of Mendocino County is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selections are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. Savings Bank of Mendocino County will consider all qualified applicants for employment and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, disability, or any other status protected by law.
Monitors and controls the status and daily activities of the Bank’s communications network. This includes in–house telephone systems, all personal computer (PC) servers and workstations, all aspects of Windows software, the local–area network (LAN) and the wide–area network (WAN), and all activities related to the security of the Bank’s networks. Performs or oversees all necessary configuration tasks, including but not limited to: employee additions and deletions, security maintenance, e–mail profiles and Internet access. Perform necessary repairs and/or replacement of failed system components to ensure timely response and equipment availability. Provides assistance in problem identification and diagnosis, takes necessary action to resolve problems, as expeditiously as possible and ensures proper functionality of all hardware and software components of the Bank’s systems. Act as liaison and point of contact to user departments for all voice and data communications and PC hardware and software functionality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Regular and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Responsible for the design, installation, maintenance and testing of the data communications T–1 network.
- Responsible for the design, installation, maintenance and testing of the backup data communications integrated services digital network (ISDN).
- Monitors the LANs and WAN to assure network performance and to detect component failures.
- Responsible for the evaluation, selection recommendation and installation of hardware and software required to ensure network security and protection of customer information, to include firewalls, anti–virus software, intrusion prevention and intrusion detection software, content filtering software and software patch management.
- Installs, troubleshoots and repairs bank–wide network cabling infrastructure as required.
- Maintains up–to–date records and information on network/branch configurations, including hardware and software components, their locations, reliability and service history.
- Responds to hardware and software Help Desk calls.
- Installs, repairs and upgrades server and PC hardware as required.
- Maintains up–to–date inventory of hardware replacement components.
- Assists Bank users in the analysis and evaluation of new server and PC–based software products.
- Coordinates and performs installation, maintenance and upgrades to server and PC–based software.
- Assists in training users on hardware/software utilization and maintenance.
- Responsible for installation and maintenance of the in–house telephone system.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the Bank’s disaster recovery plan data communication network including updates to the disaster recovery plan.
- Participates in the testing of the disaster recovery plan on a periodic basis.
- Complete risk management tasks for areas of responsibility or as assigned, including but not limited to: ensuring that published policies and procedures are kept up to date; required risk assessments are completed and re-visited at appropriate intervals; all vendor management due diligence and other documentation is completed for new and existing vendors.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience Requirements
- B.A. or B.S. degree in Business Administration or Computer Science with work experience in information systems, preferably in the financial industry with three to five years at the senior network administrator or senior network security officer level.
- Additional years of information systems work experience may apply in place of a college degree.
Minimum Typing Speed Required
35 wpm or higher
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, procedural and technical manuals, policies, memorandums, vendor contracts and proposals, project planning documents and budget documentation.
- Ability to write routine correspondence and reports, system proposals, service level agreements, project planning documents and project budget proposals; communicate effectively and tactfully, orally and in writing with employees, customers, vendors, management and peers in the information systems field.
- Must possess the ability to speak clearly so others can understand.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar.
- Bilingual skills desirable.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to use a basic calculator.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to execute instructions furnished in written, oral or diagrammatic form; ability to deal with problems involving several variables in normal situations; ability to apply principals of analysis and synthesis to the solution of complex business or technical problems; ability to develop project and operational plans and scheduling and monitoring techniques to meet objectives.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Ability to assume responsibility, display initiative, exercise good judgment and make and act upon decisions within the scope of assigned authority.
- Familiarity with Windows-based computer required. Previous experience with the Microsoft Office suite and banking-related software preferred.
- Evaluating Information to Determine Compliance with Standards – Using relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether transactions, events or processes within scope of authority comply with laws, regulations or Bank standards.
- Working Directly with the Public – Ability to deal directly and tactfully, face-to-face and on the phone with the public, vendors and Bank staff, following the Bank’s Customer Service Standards.
- Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships – Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintaining them over time.
- Ability to organize and prioritize to complete multiple assignments with minimal direction from Bank management.
- Thorough and detail-oriented with the ability to produce accurate work in a timely manner.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, reach with arms, talk or hear and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and may occasionally use ladders for a variety of tasks. The employee must frequently lift and/or move 25-50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move 25-50 pounds .Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Some driving may be required.
Post-offer physical is not required for this position.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.